Monday, January 31, 2011

Megabus, Micro-toilet, Medio-disappointment

On the Megabus ride back to New York after a fun-filled weekend with friends in Boston, I watched National Geographics: Nazi Super Ship on my laptop. The documentary was about the Bismark... Bismark? Bizmark? Biz Markie? Anyhow, it was not that interesting and I really had to pee. I usually try to avoid using bus and airplane bathrooms, but this time, I had to go like nobody's business. Those two coffees I had prior really wanted out. Freak man, bus bathrooms are half the size of airplane bathrooms! There was barely enough space for me to wiggle my jeans down. I have not had this little stall space since I was at that American bar in Mexico.




I got it to work.
Once I settled back in my seat, I checked my email (the free WiFi hardly makes up for the toilet situation) and found out I did not get the job I interviewed for on Thursday. Graduating with a fancy/expensive masters from an Ivy has failed to get me a job that pays $15 an hour. So, here I am, my hands stinking of hand sanitizer, trying to scribble images with MS Paint to pass the time.
If I do not get any good graduate school news this week I will most definitely go bonkers.

2 comments:

  1. MS Paint, huh? I like these drawings a lot! I also like the tags/labels you used for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S That toilet reminds me of the ones they had on the Amtrak sleeper cars, except I'm guessing the megabus was much worse as far as the bumpy factor. :(

    ReplyDelete