Saturday, November 6, 2010

SUCK IT, GRE, SUCK IT!

This was me and the GREs last fall when I did not study and thought that I could just waltz in and ace the mofo... which is bonkers because by looking at my school records and history of anxiety you will see that I do horribly on in-class and standardized exams. How the hell I made it this far is beyond me.
Okay... so this year I wised up and actually prepared for this stinkin' test because I really want to get into a PhD program--you know what people with Sociology Masters do? Duane Reade. You probably get to manage a fuckin' Duane Reade, congratulations smart-ass, you were some how better off with just a BA because when you had just a BA they made you queen of autism back in 2007 (I was a behavioral therapist before all this). Whatever. Let us get to the good part. I did not get a perfect score. My adviser told me that it was acceptable--"could be better" but acceptable. However... while I maybe could have done better, it was a victory! For the first time I did an acceptable job on a standardized exam... Yes, I took three calm pills before going in, but I don't think they work because I broke down while trying to analyze a pie chart--why do we care about the retail price of mattresses?! Luckily, I snapped out of it... and by the end of the exam it felt like this:
 
 
There is a lesson to be learned in today's post: L-Theanine does not work.

5 comments:

  1. Hah! L-Theanine may not work to calm you down... but it increases your aggressiveness!! ;) Congrats for the victory! Venga vamos!! Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-Theanine increases aggressiveness? Oh man... that would explain 98% of my psychotic mood swings over the past two weeks of experimentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and by it's it, I mean that's it! Good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "acceptable", I'd like to have a word, or better yet I'd like to be in a bull ring, with your adviser. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete