Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bleh

Today is Tuesday, which means research day. One of my subjects told me I look like Wendy Williams because I wore high heels--I like to think I remind him of Wendy Williams because of my flair. My research site had a Ripley's special edition book. I convinced one of my subjects that that was the book he wanted to read for his free time. When I brought the book to the table for him I told him to read it to me. He did not want to read the Ripley's book, so I took it and looked at the pictures and only read the captions of interesting pictures. There is a guy in Coronado who froze his grandfather. The grandfather had a blue face and blacked out eyes and a Cosby sweater. I tried to engage my subject by showing him the pictures of all the different people who were naturally mummified in the dirt (or wherever it was that nature had its way--I did not read many of these captions). The two-faced cat comes up in every edition...
This morning my agent told me that one of our prospective editors got laid off... leaving only 3 left in the second round. Not so good for Catherine Tan. Anyways... I ate a cheddar and tomato sandwich for lunch and a croissant for second lunch.
Tonight is the night for Hoarders. I am looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment